NEW FILMMAKERS FROM SPAIN 2013
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Audiovisual Producers' Rights Management Association, EGEDA, in collaboration with the American Cinematheque, is now receiving entries for the 4rd edition of the Short Film Contest in the USA "New Filmmakers from Spain". The Winning Short Film will be shown at the following events: the Recent Spanish Cinema XIX Series in Los Angeles and Recent Cinema from Spain III in Miami. This tour will present the best of Spanish Cinema and provide new Spanish filmmakers with the opportunity to exhibit their work to the public in this section: the short film competition for Spanish filmmakers in the USA: New Filmmakers from Spain.
This initiative is designed to provide exhibition platform for up-and-coming directors and producers who are currently residing in the USA or who were living in the United States during the production of their short film.
The winning short film will be screened at the opening gala of the Recent Spanish Cinema series in Los Angeles, October, 10-13 2013, and will be included in the program of Recent Cinema from Spain in Miami, November 21-24, 2013. Both film exhibitions are initially scheduled to be held at prestigious venues in each city, the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood and the Olympia Theater at the Gusman Center for the Performing Arts in Miami.
The short film will also be featured on the printed programs, in events communications and on the websites of both events.
The director/producer of the wining short will receive a distribution award from the company MOVIBETA FESTIVAL AND DISTRIBUTION, the sole sponsor of the competition, which consists of distribution of the short at 100 Spanish & International Film festivals chosen by MOVIBETA. The winner undertakes to provide MOVIBETA with the materials required. The winning short will be distributed in copies bearing the phrase "NEW FILMMAKERS FROM SPAIN 2013 Award" at the beginning and, to this end, the contest winner agrees to edit the copy for distribution to include this information. In the case that the short film winner has already distribution, the prize by MOVIBETA would not be effective in the terms mentioned above.
REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. To be eligible for this short film contest, the Spanish nationality filmmaker must be living or have lived and/ or worked in the USA during the production of the submitted short film .Or the production company must be set up in the USA. One of the three options will satisfy eligibility. The applicant must be the director or producer of the short film presented, which must have been made while they were living in the USA, and they must be the rights owner of the film or have authorization to exhibit it. This contest is designed to aid Spanish filmmakers who made the effort to come to the USA and try to make it here.
2. Animation, documentary and fiction shorts completed after January 1, 2012 will be accepted.
3. The works presented should be no more than 20 minutes in length including credits.
4. Language: English or Spanish with subtitles: English voiceover with Spanish subtitles or Spanish voiceover with English subtitles.
5. Each participant may submit as many short films as he or she wishes.
6. The Winning Short must be sent in exhibition format on a date indicated when it is selected. The dispatch method will be indicated after being selected. The contest winner agrees to edit the exhibition copy bearing the phrase "New Filmmakers from Spain Award" at the beginning.
The entries will be submitted through Movibeta: http://festival.movibeta.com/web/controllers/usuarioController.php?action=4&festival=29
Submissions will be free of charge.
Should carefully read Movibeta FAQ. You only have to register filled data, add the promotional material and following the instructions.
The New Filmmakers from Spain organization reserves the right to use these images from the selected short films for event communication and promotion, including on the websites of both film exhibitions.
DEADLINES AND IMPORTANT DATES
Submission deadline: September 1, 2013
Communication date to director/producer of winning short film: September 29, 2013
The winning short film will be announced via email and on both film exhibition websites (www.larecentspanishcinema.com & www.miami.recentcinemafromspain.com) and the contest New Filmmakers from Spain facebook page.
The Recent Spanish Cinema Series in Los Angeles opening gala event and short film screening is scheduled for October 10, 2013.
Recent Cinema from Spain in Miami short film screening is scheduled for November 21-24, 2013.
A Cinema Series-appointed expert selection committee and judging panel will view all submissions and collectively chose the winning short film that will be screen during the Recent Spanish Cinema Series in Los Angeles and Recent Cinema from Spain in Miami. The jury decision will be final.
The series Organization will decide the order and dates of exhibition of the short film and reserves the right to carry out modifications to these dates.
ACCEPTANCE OF CONTEST RULES
Participation in this New Filmmakers from Spain contest implies that the applicant has accepted all of the aforementioned contest rules and terms & conditions stipulated herein, as well as the resolution, on behalf of the organization, of any unforeseen discrepancies.